Date:      04 Aug 2000 20:45:02 +0200
From:      Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   MP3 itches on SB Live

Did anyone experience problems with MP3 playback on SB Live card? I
hear annoying little peaks every second or so when I play MP3 using
amp or xmms on 4.1-STABLE and 5.0-CURRENT.

% cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Aug  3 2000 12:44:30
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0xd000 irq 9 (4p/3r channels duplex)

[The irq is *not* shared]

Moreover, I get these messages every time I start MP3 playback:

pcm0: dodgy irq: 1000000
pcm0: pci error

Can I somehow debug this problem. Is it hardware related? (the card
works just fine under Linux and Windows).

Thanks for any help.
57. You begin to wonder how on earth your service provider is allowed to call
    200 hours per month "unlimited."
* Suavek Zak / PGP: finger://zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl