Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2023 03:05:58 +0000
From:      Rahul Rameshbabu <sergeantsagara@protonmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   State of the freebsd/crochet project?

Hi,

I was wondering what was the FreeBSD community's stance on the crochet
project for helping developers build images for single board computer
and other unique platforms from FreeBSD source.

I have recently created some PRs for crochet with regards to the
Raspberry Pi boards since I want to do development for FreeBSD using
these boards potentially in the future.

  * https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/pull/295
  * https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/pull/296

I saw a backlog of PRs that I thought were good for the project (whether
iteration is needed or not) and either did not receive any response or
approval/merge.

  https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/pulls

I thought about forking the project and maintaining a version with the
PRs cleaned up if need be and merged. I think it would be nice to keep
freebsd/crochet active though given it is under the freebsd org on
GitHub.

Sorry if this is not the ideal mailing list. Was not sure which one
would be the best fit for this inquiry.

--
Thanks,

Rahul Rameshbabu