Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:35:15 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.0 does not work on HP DL180, irq 10 storm

A customer is trying to get a brand new HP DL 180 to work with FreeBSD. We
tried 7.0-RELEASE-amd64 and the March 7-STABLE-amd64 snapshot, none of them
works.

I don't have the entire picture, since I haven't tried installing myself,
the machine is 700 km away, but it is an experienced sysadmin doing the
installation. After install, which seemingly works, although the console is
complaining about IRQ 10 problems (can't say exactly what it complains
about), reboot to the fresh install does not work, the machine apparently
scrolls away a great number of complaints about IRQ 10.

He tried turning off USB, serial and other stuff in BIOS, but it didn't
help.

He tried Red Hat, and it works perfectly, so my guess is there is something
with a FreeBSD driver, dunno for sure which one.

sorry I can't be more specific. Has anyone else succeeded in installing
FreeBSD 7.0 on HP DL180? (that is 180, not 380, which I know works fine).

Thanks for any input.

/Palle