Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ddk ddk <ddkprog@yahoo.com>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        swell.k@gmail.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, delphij@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vesa(4) and amd64

> > ddk ddk wrote:
> >=A0 I think this is a problem that has added a new
> terminal
> >=A0 teken by ed@
> >=A0=20
> >=A0 becouse there is no problem on freebsd 7 where
> is no teken
> >=A0 where I can switch to any low mode=20
>=20
> Hmmm... As far as I know, syscons reinitializes the
> terminal completely
> when switching resolutions. Does it crash? If so, are you
> capable of
> obtainining a backtrace?
>=20
> In my newcons branch I do have a very small patch for
> libteken that
> changes the resizing behaviour. In my new vt console driver
> I do resize
> the terminal emulator without reinitializing it completely,
> so I had to
> make set_winsize() a bit more robust.
>=20
> I think it's very unlikely that this patch fixes the issue
> you are
> seeing, but please do try.
>=20

the problem was localized=20
No more problems with switching to decrease the screen resolution in graphi=
cs modes=20
(I just updated to tag =3D.=20
I used to use its working version of freebsd consisting of many patches)=20

but exists problem in switching graphic screen back to text mode on ttyv0
but only on ttyv0

I can not provide backtrace because the system is fully freezes

sequence that leads to the problem=20
1) boot freebsd=20
2) stay only on ttyv0
3) kldload vesa=20
4) vidcontrol MODE_277 (800x600x32)
5) vidcontrol MODE_24  (80x24 text mode)

The system immediately freezes
switch to any of the consoles is an infinite beeeeeep

if you do the same but on another ttyvX (/dev/ttyv1 .../dev/ttyv9)
then there is no problem