Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:10:06 +0100
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   VIMAGE VS virtualbox-kmod

Hi,

 From time to time I need to run VirtualBox, not often thanks
to bhyve:), but the VirtualBox kernel module needs to be compiled
when one uses a VIMAGE-enabled kernel. VirtualBox is quite big
and that means several hours of compiling so I'd like to just
"pkg install" it. My options are:
1) switch to a GENERIC kernel just to run VBox VMs
or
2) compile VBox from ports for my VIMAGE-enabled kernel

Does somebody else have a better solution?
What other people do?

TIA,
Nikos

PS
It'd would be so good if we had a extra pkg for vbox-kmod with
vnet support