Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 2020 17:44:39 +0000
From:      James Wright <james.wright@jigsawdezign.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   ukbd key repeat behaviour changed?

  After recently updating my MacBookAir to 12-STABLE r358483 (which i do =
once a month), I'm making numerous mistypes using the keyboard on the vt =
console than ever before.

  This is most apparent when I boot up FreeBSD and login to the console, =
as I consistently fail to enter my password correctly unless I slowly =
type it out.

  It's hard to reproduce as you have to type quickly, and not all key =
combos seem to cause the issue, but I've noticed that extra repeated =
keystrokes are being inserted into the output.

  For example, typing  "ls -l <Enter>" quickly sometimes causes the =
terminal to show "ls ---l" or "ls -lll", or multiple new lines to appear =
at the end.

  Has something changed with the default key repeat timings recently, =
and has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Thanks,
James