Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:33:20 +0200
From:      Stanislaw Halik <sthalik@tehran.lain.pl>
To:        "James A. McGuire" <j.a.mcguire@gmail.com>, sthalik@tehran.lain.pl
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: noip-2.1.9_3

On 2016-08-31 Wed 13:17, James A. McGuire wrote:
> Since no-ip introduced their policy to remove non-updated subdomains
> every 30 days.  I have to manually go to the no-ip website and confirm
> that I wish to keep my subdomain.  I believe the reason for this is that
> my ISP is only updating my dynamic IP address every 60-90 days, and I
> believe that the no-ip client is therefore not sending updates to no-ip.
>
> Is this the case and if so, can this behaviour be modified so that the
> client will issue an update to the no-ip servers within 30 days even if
> the IP has not changed?

Hey,

It can sure be changed with a patch. I'd like however to wait for
someone with ports commit bit to comment as to whether that change lies
within the scope of what the ports tree does. My understanding is that
the ports tree generally doesn't introduce new functionality.

What you can do however without any ports/ commits is to stop the
daemon, clobber noip's internal state in the right way, then restart it
to force an update to be issued, weekly or daily.

cheers,
sh