Date:      Thu, 4 May 2023 19:29:07 -0500
From:      "John T. Darrah" <johntdarrah@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   py-setuptools

Hello:

I am writing you because I would like to inquire about a port you
maintain: py-setuptools. I get the following error when trying to build
hiawatha, which py-setuptools is a requirement for:

py39-setuptools-63.1.0 is vulnerable:
   py39-setuptools -- denial of service vulnerability
   CVE: CVE-2022-40897
   WWW:
https://vuxml.FreeBSD.org/freebsd/1b38aec4-4149-4c7d-851c-3c4de3a1fbd0.html

The listed link shows the py-setuptools issue was resolved in
py-setuptools v. 65.5.1. Current version in FreeBSD ports is 63.1.0.

https://www.freshports.org/devel/py-setuptools/

If I can be of any assistance please let me know!

John