Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2020 20:14:34 +0100
From:      James Wright <james.wright@digital-chaos.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysutils/apache-mesos: Enable Java bindings request for review

    Please could anyone interested have a look at the following changes
to the sysutils/apache-mesos regarding enabling Java bindings in libmesos;

Phabricator
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25361

   One specific area of concern is dealing with the Maven dependencies
fetched mid-way through the build phase. I thought I had a solution
utilizing
the maven dependency plugin "go-offline" goal in the fetch phase and
providing a skeleton POM to describe the dependencies required. However,
there
is a question mark over where these dependencies should be downloaded
during the fetch phase;

${HOME}/.m2  -- Won't work because not writeable when building with
poudriere.
${TMPDIR}/.m2 -- Might work (haven't tested if writeable suring poudrier
build yet)?
${DISTDIR}/.m2  -- Artifacts downloaded would need to be checksummed and
added to distfile (don't think we have a good way of doing that for
large number of deps)?

For more info please refer to the comments in the afore mentioned
Phabricator review.

Many Thanks,
James