Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:30:59 EDT
From:      Adelkhan@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   C++ link

Dear FreeBSD Advisor:

I have installed the FreeBSD on Empty harddisk using CD. Everything looks
good and operational. Also, I test the for ashort PERL programm and it is
working. However, I couldn't run a simple  c++ program.
#include<iostream.h>
int main()
{
cout<<"Hello"<<endl;
return 0;
}
I tried with command "cc"" "gcc" "g++", but, it will create .o file but
couldn't recognize cout and endl, it seems like it couldn't link iostream.h.
I serached for .h file and located iostream.h is in /usr/include/g++, I add
it to the environment variable PATH and it still didn't help. ( I didn't find
file iostream.o but, I suppose it might be combined in one .a file). I picked
up almost every packages related to c/c++ to make sure I didn't miss
something.  I need someone give me a hint to find out the problem.
I got copy of this BSD from collegue instead of downloading from web site. I
don't know if the copy is complete or there is something I don't know to make
this c++ compiler work.
If you think I need to download some parts of software, would you please
guide me through.
I will appreciate any input on this matter.

Adel