Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:36:08 -0500
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Replacing Home Router With PC

I've got an old Linksys router hanging off of my cable modem that is severa=
l years old and is about to die (very poor wireless throughput should be 54=
 mb and is 2, runs hot, and "buzzes" while turned on).  I've got an older P=
C that would great as a router....however I also need it to be a wireless a=
ccess point for my house.  It has a PCI wireless network card (A 54G Belkin=
, not sure of the exact model).  I know FreeBSD is technically capable for =
acting as my DHCP, DNS, router, gateway box if properly configured.  The qu=
estion is, can it use that wireless card to act as a access point instead o=
f a client (how the card is intended to be used)?

Also, any links anyone can provide on how to setup a FreeBSD box to act as =
home router/gateway would be much appreciated!