Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 1994 9:52:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      HAYCOCK_C@COMPSC.Mercer.PeachNet.Edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0

I have a couple of questions about the Intel version of FreeBSD.

1) Where can I get new device drivers?  For example, I have a Future Domain
   TMC 1680, which is not supported now, but may be in the future.  Where
   would I look to see if a driver is available?

2)
   I have a network card, cdrom and some other devices.  The kernel looks for
   these interfaces in certain and sometimes conflicting places.  I can use
   the kernel -c and configure them manaully and everything works.  How can
   I make these changes permanent so that they are there when the system boots
   normally without the -c option?

3)  When I was installing bindist, I got I/O errors on bindist.bc foward.
    I have it on CDROM and all the checksums checked out, so the files are
     readable.....any suggestions?
4)  Where can I get some good printed DOCS (similar to the AT&T doc set)?
5)  When I try and install the Xfree package, I get checksum errors, again
    this is on CD-ROM so it is unlikely the media is bad...although possible...

Thanks,
Carlton Haycock