Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 00:06:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      jake@ibmPCUG.CO.UK
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        jake@ibmPCUG.CO.UK, moto@cs.cmu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AHA2940 working??

> >> Some have had success and some have not.  I have just made some changes
> >> to the current driver that may solve this problem, but I cannot say for
> >> sure.
> >> Justin T. Gibbs

> Do you have a kernel source tree?  If so, do you mind testing out my latest
> version of the kernel driver??

> The files you will need to update are:

> ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/i386/scsi/*
> ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/i386/isa/aic7770.c
> ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/pci/aic7870.c
> ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/gnu/misc/aic7xxx/*

> And a one line change to then end of src/sys/scsi/scsi_all.h:

> /*
>  * Status Byte
>  */
> #define SCSI_OK         0x00
> #define SCSI_CHECK              0x02
> #define SCSI_BUSY               0x08
> #define SCSI_INTERM             0x10
> #define SCSI_QUEUE_FULL         0x28  <=== This is new
> #endif /*_SCSI_SCSI_ALL_H*/

> Thanks!
> --
> Justin T. Gibbs

:-(

I got all those files and amended the scsi_all.h and rebuilt a new
kernel.  But for me there doesn't seem to be a change in the behaviour
at boot-up...

Well actually after 6 boots I got tired and decided to type kernel.old
and that booted!  It does seem to be something like an old car. I have
to keep power cycling and once it's started, any amount of reboots can be taken
safely until a power down.. then the hanging/constant-LED arises again.

Thanks,
Jake Dias
Pc User Group, UK