Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 1995 20:04:02 -0700
From:      barkovich@uclac2.chem.ucla.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help...

I am having trouble with my FreeBSD 2.0.  I cannot get executables to run
properly.  The only way I can get them to run is with shell (sh executable).
I am used to just typing the executable name.  I thought it might be a
permission problem, but the permissions look OK to me and I'm logging in as
root.  Whenever I type the executable name it just responds with "command
not found".  I am still trying to get X windows installed, but haven't really
tried in some time due to this problem.  I tried to look at my system with
both SuperProbe and X -probeonly (I have a symbolic link to the correct file)
but when I just type them it says "X: command not found", and when I type
"sh X -probeonly" it just gives me a bunch of garbage.  I'm beginning to
wonder if there is something wrong with my bindist.  If you have any answers,
I'd be much appreciative.  Thank you...

					Robert Barkovich
					barkovich@uclach.chem.ucla.edu