Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 95 21:19:27 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        temp@temptation.interlog.com (Temptation)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS install

> Only problem I got was the quitting, I still get the
>
> umount of /nfs failed(BUSY)
> hang. (this could be motherboard/NCR/Harddrive, don't think anyone has
> proven either way what is causing it)
>  Minor problem.

This is a cache flush issue, where there are pages from the file you
accessed in the cache but not referenced.

There should be a way to flush these built into the unmount, which
in turn means an interface for it in the VM system.

If you wait sufficiently long before unmounting, the problem will
not occur (this was reported and explained ...but not corrected... a
while back).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---