Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 95 16:25:17 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com (Marty Leisner)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pthreads

> While we're on the topic of threads, is there any work on getting
> kernel level threads into bsd?

I thibk that this is a natural consequence of allowing kernel reentrancy
in the SMP port... the kernel becomes internally preemption-safe.

I don't believe that that granularity has been achieved yet; I've
been unable to contact the person doing the work... which is unfortunate,
since I just bought an MP box specifically to be able to help on the
work.  8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---