Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 14:56:36 -0400
From:      dob@nasvr1.cb.att.com
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgcc and kernels..

> From: Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
> Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 03:25:42 -0500
> Subject: Re: pgcc and kernels..
>
>    Date: Sat, 06 Apr 1996 16:23:07 -0800
>    From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
>
>    You must have done more than that, since our stock libgcc doesn't
>    support some of the inlines that pgcc generates.
>
> Ah, to mention it, I also added sys/libkern/muldi3.c to the sources.  Thereafter,

Didn't readily find the source for muldi3.c so I just grabbed a copy of the
_muldi3.o file from the pgcc libgcc library, stuffed it into the kernel
compile directory, and hacked the Makefile to link in _muldi3.o

> ; make kern_clock.o clock.o CC=kcc # use 2.6.3

This didn't work for me.  Couldn't find kcc, so I just gave it CC=cc.

> ; make CC=gcc COPTFLAGS=-O2 # use pgcc

pgcc was installed from ports as /usr/local/bin/gcc,
so I used CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc, instead.

Kernel compiles and links ok but the resulting kernel panics out of
_scsi_attach during probe phase.

What other voodoo do I need to chant?  Or was my variation of this voodoo
chanted incorrectly?

Thanks,

Dan O'Brien
Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs)