Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 18:26:04 -0200 (GRNLNDDT)
From:      ormonde@trem.cnt.org.br (Rodrigo Ormonde)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.1 instalation hangs on IBM Aptiva

  Hello.

  I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.1 (using the Walnut Creek CDROM) on an IBM
aptiva K45. The problem is that the instalation hangs on the same point
every time (I've tried to install from a DOS session and from a boot disk).

  The last messages that appear on my screen are:

  npx0 on motherboard
  npx0: INT 16 interface
  apm0 disabled, not probed

  After that it just hangs. (I've tried to disable all devices on the
kernel configuration window but it didn't work. I've also removed the
network adapter and the MWave board, but this didn't work either)

  The most strange thing is that I was able to install FreeBSD 2.1.5 on the
same machine without any problems. (FreeBSD 2.1.5 is presently running on
this machine. I'm trying to make an upgrade).

  Thanks in advance for your help.

  P.S. Please send a copy of the answers to me, because I'm not on the list.

--
Rodrigo de La Rocque Ormonde
e-mail: ormonde@cnt.org.br

-> Turn your PC into a workstation - Use FreeBSD ! <-