Date:      Thu, 14 May 2009 11:19:38 -0700
From:      Matt Olander <matt@ixsystems.com>
To:        Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD jobs

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org> wrote:
> Hi hackers@
> A commercial firm asked for _Free_ labour today on jobs@freebsd.
> The censors passed it. =A0Censors of jobs@freebsd.org then blocked
> the posting below. =A0jobs@ censors again bad, block wrong things,
> should all be removed & not replaced.
>
> Several suckers have already enquired to that firm. =A0Hope we might get
> some Free labour to donate time to Freebsd, Not Stock holders !

Hi Julian,

Internships are an accepted way for a high school or university
student (and nowadays some post grad students and others) to gain a
bit of experience in their field before joining the work force or
perhaps while switching careers. At my company, we've filled several
full-time positions with people that were interns first. It's just a
way to fill a part-time, sometimes non-paid job, at a company where
there isn't an official requisition for that particular position.
Nobody is forcing anybody to take the internship and it is clearly
stated that it is a non-paid internship in the post.

I imagine that there would be some interested students or unemployed
people that would love to work with Alfred on a project at Juniper a
few hours a week in their spare time, for free. It will look great on
a resume, they will probably learn some valuable skills, and perhaps
parlay it into a full-time, paid position.

best,
-matt