Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:07:22 +0100
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Sheldon Hearn' <sheldonh@iafrica.com>, Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.dk
Subject:   RE: ATAPI and ATAPI_STATIC with the new ATA* driver?

	[ML]  Well, it's for those people who plug a drive occasionally
into a
	computer.  They don't want other drives moved around.

	This is the situation that the external SCSI disc case owners
live with
	for years now, and was the reason device wiring was introduced
for
	SCSI devices.  Soeren said that the same mechanism could be
added
	for atapi devices as well (yet better, extended to include the
atapi devices
	as well).  He just doesn't currently have time to do it right
now.

	/Marino