Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 03:06:49 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG, njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk, dima@best.net, abc@ralph.ml.org, tqbf@secnet.com
Subject:   Re: bsd securelevel patch question

On Jul 1, 12:44am, David Greenman (possibly) wrote:

>    I'll resist any scheme that ties specific privileges to specific gids. To
> me it seems too kludgy and I also suspect that most FreeBSD admins will be
> quite unhappy about us hijacking a large block of gids for our special
> purposes.

Umm... OK, you're the boss. The block of gids I'd had in mind was
above 65535, so I have my doubts how many people would be using
those. Any ideas on alternate routes for port permission broadening? I
haven't been able to look at Darren's version so far.

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu