Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:44:05 +0100
From:      Andrew Wood <andrewjameswood@ymail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating a pkg

I'm experimenting with creating a pkg package for a program Ive created
on my system which is a set of Python & shell scripts.

I have a few of questions:

1. Despite following the example +MANIFEST file given on the wiki I am
getting the error pkg: Bad format in manifest for key: version

I am invoking the command like this: pkg create -M ./+MANIFEST
with the current working directory being the one containing the manifest
and all the program scripts.

the line in the manifest is as follows:

version: 0.3

Any idea why it doesnt like this?

2. As my program is Python & shell scripts and is therefore platform
independent can I use arch: all ?

3. When specifying a dependency package and its version, is the version
taken as that version only or will it also be satisfied by a later
version? According to the docs there is no way to specify one or the other.

Many thanks

Andrew