Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:50:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, pcasidy@casidy.com
Subject:   I Need an advice (was Re: What about a USR Modem 3056 ?)

Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> wrote:

 > It's true; it's a WinModem.  USR explicitly list two non-winmodems, one
 >
 > with a dongle, one with an X-jack, and you can tell this because they
 > list non-Windows systems in the blurb.

Thanks for this quick answer.

I trusted USR because on their web site it looks like they label their
winmodem as Winmodem and as mine is written modem, I had no doubt until
I tried it :(

Anyway, my dealer is about to call me back to exchange this pccard modem
to another one.

I really lack of time to search the information so if anyone of you can
give me an advice about a modem I can take. Even a cardbus one (migrating to
-CURRENT) and/or LAN+Modem (with BOTH supported).

Thanks!

Phil.