Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 99 14:56:25 -0500
From:      Kiakas <stefanos@traveler.uniscape.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        -kevin- <kathey@pobox.com>
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

Kevin,

	It's not as trite as you might think. A few years ago Procter
and Gamble had a PR mess on their hands. There was a rumor going around
which said they were devil worshipers, due to their logo ( 13 stars, and
a man's faces, maybe a wizard.) I don't have a P&G product nearby so I'm
probably not describing the logo exactly as it appears on their products.

	Anyway, what I am trying to say is, we should not dismiss this
without at least thinking about it, even if we, as users of FreeBSD, are
mature enough to know the difference between a daemon and a devil.

	Let's think of this issue from a small business point of view.
Does the owner want to deal with the PR mess if some one starts spreading
rumors about devil worshipping at the company because they use FreeBSD?

Stefanos