Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:26:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Szymanski <brian.szymanski@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi adapter to buy?

Howdy,

I was planning on purchasing a Seagate Cheetah X15 36LP, and, being new to
SCSI, was wondering what sort of adapter I should get for it (its replacing an
IDE drive). How much should I spend/what brands are good to buy/what's
supported?

If anyone can point me in the direction of a good place to read about SCSI
adapters (and their support under fbsd), or can give specific
recommendations/reasoning, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Brian Szymanski
brian.szymanski@cornell.edu