Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:53:46 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /bin/test broken ?

On 1999-Dec-28 20:08:21 +1100, "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
>The syntax is reasonable, as /bin/[ or /bin/test is about the only way
>one would overide a builtin [, should some shell implement test as
>a builtin.

Of course, that assumes that the shell doesn't have other
problems with its parsing:

$ zsh -c '[ 1 -ne 0 ] && echo correct'
correct
$ zsh -c '/bin/[ 1 -ne 0 ] && echo correct'
zsh: bad pattern: /bin/[
$

(Found by accident whilst looking into the original problem - I haven't,
but probably should, report it as a bug in zsh 3.0.5).

Peter
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au
Alcatel Australia Limited