Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:41:01 -0800
From:      Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
Cc:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem confirmed (?) and death to lib[h]disk (!) (Re: serious libh linking problems)

I think that perhaps the "core" of sysinstall can be compiled but
everything to do with the user interface, the details of which
distributions are selected, and so on - just about everything that's
"policy level" should be scripted.  Why?  Because it will make things
100X easier for the universities and large ISPs and whatnot of the
world to completely change syinstall's behavior to fit their own unique
needs, say with different default package sets, menus and UIs in
different languages or different layouts, you name it.  I would only
expect those parts of sysinstall which are so "core" and essential and
nature that nobody would ever want to customize them to be compiled.

- Jordan

--
Jordan K. Hubbard
Engineering Manager, BSD technology group