Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:49:00 -0500
From:      "Garcia, John D." <JDGarcia@cps-satx.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Questions on FreeBSD

I recently moved from Red Hat Linux to FreeBSD.  I am extremely new
to your operating system.  I have installed FreeBSD on my Laptop from a
CDROM
distribution error free.  After the install I can't seem to be able to mount
the CDROM
from the command line even when logged in as root.  I can use sysinstall to
install more packages so I now the CDROM is supported, my main question
would be, what is the name of the CROM?  how do I mount the CDROM?  I also
can't find my PCMCIA modem or PCMCIA ethernet card.  During a normal
boot up the system seems to detect my hardware fine but when I am log in it
seems that nothing is configured.  I have read the documentation that came
with my distribution but I am still lost.  when I attempt to mount the CDROM
I get a Incorrect
block size, what does this mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John. Garcia.