Date:      Sun, 29 May 2005 23:42:43 -0400
From:      compunction <compunction@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ndis issue using RELENG_5

I am tracking RELENG_5 and I just did a cvsup / buildworld this
weekend.  I am no longer able to user the NDISimulator.  Below are the
commands I run after a build world.

# cd /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis
# make && make install
# cd /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis
# cp /root/bcmwl5.inf.ascii ./
# cp /root/bcmwl5.sys ./
# ndiscvt -i bcmwl5.inf.ascii -s bcmwl5.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h -O
# make && make install

I did not see any compile errors so I ran the following.

# kldload /boot/kernel/ndis.ko=20
# kldload /boot/kernel/if_ndis.ko=20
# ifconfig ndis0
ifconfig: interface ndis0 does not exist
#

I did not have any issues under 5.3 or 5.4.  Does anyone what I can
check to find the cause of this failure.

Thanks,
Mark