Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:02:57 +1100
From:      "Pand Gopal" <Pand.Gopal@optus.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kyocera FS-680 mono laser printer setup !

Hi,

I am a Newbie to Unix, FreeBSD and to this group.

I am keen to setup a FreeBSD 5.3 Release box (in the next few days) as =
print server for various clients in the network.

The parallel port printer lpt1 is directly attached to the FreeBSD 5.3 =
box.

I have read the printing section in FreeBSD handbook online. The topic =
of filters seem to be too complicated.

As a step-1 in my endeavour, I am more interested in printing from the =
FreeBSD box particularly pages/images from Firefox.

I require following info :

(1) Do filters have to be installed to print graphic image ?
(2) What filter should I use with Kyocera FS-680 mono Laser printer ?
(3) Any simple step by step instructions for FS-680 setup ?

Any info or pointers is well regarded...

Regards
Pand Gopal=20