Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 2015 23:51:54 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jordanhubbard@icloud.com>
To:        Rakshith Venkatesh <vrock28@gmail.com>
Cc:        Mike Carlson <mike@bayphoto.com>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CEPH + FreeBSD

> On Sep 2, 2015, at 10:44 PM, Rakshith Venkatesh <vrock28@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> Thanks for the reply Mike. Yeah, i think its time for Ceph folks to =
take
> this up.

Not to rain on your parade, but the last time I checked, there was no =
interest on that side.  Their needs are adequately served by Linux, and =
I got the feeling that they felt more than a little burned by the =
drive-by FreeBSD port that never actually produced a working FreeBSD =
port but did cruft their code up with lots of pointless #ifdef BSD =
constructs.

If you or anyone else really wants to move that ball forward, you=E2=80=99=
re going to have to volunteer to do the port yourself and also agree to =
maintain it for, I dunno, at least 20 years so they don=E2=80=99t feel =
like they=E2=80=99re getting into that same situation again. :-)

Good luck,

- Jordan