Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:39:19 -0700
From:      John Giacomoni <John.Giacomoni@colorado.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sharing the same VM address space between Kernel and UserSpace

I am in need of a way to share memory between kernel space and possibly
multiple different user-space processes for an extended period of time.
This memory would need to be a single unpageable region.

I am using the vm routines as cribbed from mmap, however I'd like the
address spaces to be viewed as the same regardless of which process I'm
in to avoid swizzling pointers as I'm storing data structures in the
shared memory region.

I imagine I'd need to find a way to expose part of the kernel address
space to user space to accomplish this.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks

John G