Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 2010 16:32:06 -0400
From:      Carl Chave <carl@chave.us>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pxe LiveCD setup

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> Is there a quick way to set up a PXE boot menu for booting into a number =
of
> ISO images? =A0There's net/pxe, but it looks like only part of the soluti=
on.

> Ideally, there'd just be a minimal setup with a directory of ISO files an=
d a
> built-in loader that lets the user choose which ISO to boot.

I've had a lot of luck with grub4dos.  At work I use it to present a
menu to the PXE client.  I've had most success booting .iso files by
having grub4dos memory map them, so having a fair amount of ram is
helpful.  I've used it to boot damn small linux, puppy linux, Dell
diagnostic cd .iso, dban iso, spinrite .iso etc.

See the grub4dos section of this forum for good info:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showforum=3D66