Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:38:04 +0300
From:      Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq@gmail.com>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAST role failure

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@freebsd.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 04:33:15PM +0300, Mike Barnard wrote:
> > Thanks Freddie,
> >
> > For some reason, I still get the same error even after destroying the
> > journal.
> >
> > hastctl create shared
> > [ERROR] [shared] Unable to open /dev/da0s1g: Operation not permitted.
>
> Maybe this happens because the operation is not permitted?:)

Isn't da0s1g in use already? For example there is a file system on top
> of it which is already mounted? If not, please send the output of:

Yes, da0s1g is, after destroying the journal, mounted and yes has the ufs
file system on it. and right after sending this, I'll go stick my head in a
freezer box for good measure of my silliness... sigh

       # sysctl -b kern.geom.confxml

> I guess there is no need for this since I had grossly overlooked this one
simple thing #:-s

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.