Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:30:16 -0400
From:      "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@secnap.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FBSD 5.5 and software timers

Could be, but it worked up to and including 5.4.

> been the result of many conversations over time, and has had=20
> several patches posted. Since libc_r is dead technology,=20
> there's little chance they will be adopted.

I replaced libc_r with libthr and two things happen:
One of my threads doesn't run, and it won't die (kill -9 doesn't even
kill it)

I replaced libc_r with libpthread and it immediately reboots the system!

I am going to try to nail down just what and why this happens and post
that.
(reminder: even if this change happened in 3.4, it didn't affect me till
5.5)