Date:      Fri, 27 May 2011 19:31:21 -0300
From:      Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com>
To:        Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@gmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARP tables in FreeBSD (vs Linux)

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@gmx.com> wrote:
> Was the rate of ARPs the problem?

Nikos, unfortunately, I'm not sure.

It was one of those things where in an effort to quickly fix things, I
split up the collision domain and used a router to handle the ARP.

Right now, a 7201 router has about 15K ARPs, and the system is much slower.

In similar situations later (when a router is not handy), I would like
the option of using a FreeBSD box (hence the reason I posed the
question here on the forum).

--=20
Also on LinkedIn?=A0 Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubacuda@gmail.com