Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:25:33 -0700
From:      "James Hicks" <ytwok_karate@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Per instructions from the moderator below i'm making this post to the
free-bsd questions mailing list.

I'm building a samba server. I have an XP laptop using putty via ssh to
remotley administer. I cannot use putty to logon as root directly. If I
logon as my regular user I cannot su/sudo in as root. I tried modifying the
sshd_config file with AllowUsers root@ip. This didn't work. Any suggestions?
Im somewhat new to UNIX and nery new to FreeBSD, so my indepth knowledge is
not the best.

James

>From: owner-freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
>To: ytwok_karate@hotmail.com
>Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:45:33 +0000
>
>Your request to the freebsd-hackers mailing list
>
>     Posting of your message titled "ssh logon issue"
>
>has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
>following reason for rejecting your request:
>
>"Best suggestion is to redirect your question to the freebsd-questions
>mailing list if you don'tsee how to address your issue by editing
>/etc/ssh/sshd_config.
>
>  -- postmaster@freebsd.org"
>
>Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
>at:
>
>     freebsd-hackers-owner@freebsd.org

See what you’re getting into…before you go there
http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507