Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 12:23:31 -0500
From:      "Yevmenkin, Maksim N, CSCIO" <myevmenkin@att.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ethernet TAP device driver released

Hello All,

It is time for new release :)

The beta version of Ethernet TAP device driver for FreeBSD is released.

I've written this device driver for VTUN (http://vtun.netpedia.net) software
package. It is possible the coolest software to make tunnels over TCP/IP
networks. For more details please see author's page.

The TAP device driver is like TUN device driver, but it works with
Ethernet packets. It allows to capture Ethernet packets and feed them
to user space and vice versa.

The driver can be found at
http://vtun.netpedia.net/tun/tap-0.1-freebsd.tar.gz.

I've tested it with VTUN on my FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE. It seems to me it
works just fine. I'd like to ask to help me in testing and give some feed
back.

Thank you very much,
Best regards,

eMax.