Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:35:52 +0200
From:      Fabio <info@maconnect.ch>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   iMac G3 -> Fatal kernel trap

Hello,

I've been trying to install FreeBSD (either 7.2 or 8rc1) on two iMacs
G3 400Mhz (slot-loading). But I haven't succeeded yet. When booting on
the install CD with version 7.2, it shows a "fatal kernel trap" and
immediately reboots. As for version 8, the console freezes after a few
seconds.

I've been advised to send a problem report at this e-mail address.
More details about this problem can be found here:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=46170#post46170

I'd be happy to see freebsd work on those imacs. As a developer
myself, I'd be pleased to help. Please let me know if there is
anything I can do.

Best regards
Fabio