Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:45:09 -0600
From:      Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Skipping or pre-setting the options in a package installation? (bsdstats)

Hi all,

I use Ansible to administrate FreeBSD machines, and every time I install a p=
kg(8) that prompts for options (like bsdstats, which asks some simple yes/no=
 questions), the install stops and waits for input that will never arrive. T=
hough I'm sure that something can be improved about how Ansible handles this=
 situation, I'm wondering how this can be automated or skipped in the first p=
lace. Perhaps there's an environment variable like $ALWAYS_ASSUME_YES that c=
hooses the defaults that come with the package automatically?

Thanks,
--Matt=