Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:18:12 +0200
From:      Ben Stuyts <ben@altesco.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stable on Supermicro server?

Hi,

I am planning on building a FreeBSD server with a Supermicro 5013C-T 1U
server. It has a Supermicro P4SCE motherboard, with a P4 of around 2.8
GHz, and 512MB or 1 GB memory. I am planning on adding two Western
Digital Raptor 74 GB SATA drives in mirror.

It will be mainly used as a web server for 5-10 sites, running Apache
with php and mySql, and a (probably not heavily loaded) mail server.

Perhaps the disks are a bit overkill for this, but I like the 5 year
warranty, and the server will be located in a data center where I can't
easily go.

Will this combination work with -stable? Is it truly stable? Are there
any known problems?

Thanks for any info,
Ben