Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:41:14 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:08:03 -0400, Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> =
wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:08:03 -0400
> From: Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
> To: questions@freebsd.org
>=20
> 	So ...
> 	I just my first digest from current@ in (guessing) two weeks.
> 	There were ~45 messages, dated from May 30 to earlier today.
> 	Question: is that really all the traffic on that list during =
that
> period?  I was used to getting roughly one difgest per day.
> 	When my mail reader (vm under Emacs) disassembled the old digest
> I got the messages and the table of contents disappeared.
> 	With the new digest, I get the ToC as a message with zero header
> info which then gets dumped at a random place in the inbox.  (Content
> is appended.)  I liked the old way _much_ better.  Is it possible to
> copy the old behavior?

The only freebsd-current@ digests I've received recently have been, a) =
few and far between, and b) basically unusable. :-(

I get something similar to what you describe: a TOC labelled "Topics" =
and then the associated messages all run together with no header =
information associated with each message, so it's impossible to know =
where one message ends and another begins.  Furthermore, this digest =
comes from "freebsd-current+help@freebsd.org". :-\

It is the only digest I get that is currently formatted that way.  Maybe =
the others have not been converted over to the new mailing list software =
that freebsd-current@ is using?  Like you, I like the old way *much* =
better.

I get the old digests as 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"us-ascii"'.=
  The new freebsd-current@ comes to me as 'Content-Type: =
multipart/digest; boundary=3D...'.  It's not clear to me how I can =
modify my subscription to get a plain text digest for freebsd-current@ =
(or even switch off digest delivery) as my MUA can't make much sense of =
the current format. The 'List-Archive: =
https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-current' indicated in the =
mail headers right now is a site that doesn't work (links result in 404 =

Cheers,

Paul.=