Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2023 13:38:35 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Blacklistd Issues

--Apple-Mail=_ABFDB59E-6D16-48BF-BDE8-E5C43C1D1EA6

I have been implementing blacklistd.  It works fine with postfix and my =
web server.  However, sshd is not working.  I have enabled the =
UseBlacklistd configuration line.  However, no amount of invalid =
id/passwords generate an entry in either blacklistd or pf.  Running =
ktrace with invalid web requests on blacklistd shows that it obtains the =
endpoints properly and calls the helper to do the work.  However, when =
sending invalid id/passwords via ssh, blacklistd does receive the proper =
packets from sshd and it obtains the endpoints, but just ends.  It never =
calls the helper.  I have the entry in blacklistd.conf for that port, =
and blacklistd has been restarted many times.  Any ideas what I need to =
do to get blacklistd to record the calls.  There is no table in pf for =
that port.  However, it appears there needs to be at least one call to =
make the table appear.

-- Doug

--Apple-Mail=_ABFDB59E-6D16-48BF-BDE8-E5C43C1D1EA6

charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">I have been =
implementing blacklistd. &nbsp;It works fine with postfix and my web =
server. &nbsp;However, sshd is not working. &nbsp;I have enabled the =
UseBlacklistd configuration line. &nbsp;However, no amount of invalid =
id/passwords generate an entry in either blacklistd or pf. &nbsp;Running =
ktrace with invalid web requests on blacklistd shows that it obtains the =
endpoints properly and calls the helper to do the work. &nbsp;However, =
when sending invalid id/passwords via ssh, blacklistd does receive the =
proper packets from sshd and it obtains the endpoints, but just ends. =
&nbsp;It never calls the helper. &nbsp;I have the entry in =
blacklistd.conf for that port, and blacklistd has been restarted many =
times. &nbsp;Any ideas what I need to do to get blacklistd to record the =
calls. &nbsp;There is no table in pf for that port. &nbsp;However, it =