Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 2014 13:47:07 -0600
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UEFI on -stable

On Sep 5, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz> wrote:

> I notice that the UEFI code has now been merged to -stable, and I'm
> kinda keen on playing with it. Is there any documentation associated
> with it?
>=20
> There appears to be a few new files on /boot: boot1.efi, boot1.efifat,
> loader.efi. Since I've already got a system with an EFI System
> Partition, is it as simple as just copying boot1.efi onto it, eg:
>   EFI/FreeBSD/boot1.efi
> and configuring the BIOS to use that to boot?

There's some information on the wiki, including a walk-through of =
creating a USB image to test EFI booting: https://wiki.freebsd.org/UEFI

Speaking from only minimal experience, I _think_ you can do what you're =
asking by copying the loader to the correct path a la
 cp loader.efi /mnt/efi/boot/bootx64.efi

(assuming the EFI partition is on /mnt).

JN