Date:      Fri, 27 May 2016 11:09:21 -0300
From:      Rafael Rodrigues Nakano <mseqs@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   UEFI boot problem

 Hello,

I am trying to reinstall my FreeBSD in UEFI mode, primarly because I
dual-boot with Windows 10 and for GPT partioned disks it must be UEFI, I
need more than 4 partitions for both operating systems.

So, the problem is, I got Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux and Debian Linux to boot
(from USB and from DVD) on UEFI mode, also installed ubuntu this way to
make sure its not my computer's fault or USB stick problem (also DVD), but
when I try to boot from FreeBSD (I'm trying 11-CURRENT, but fails exactly
the same way -RELEASE does.

In my BIOS boot screen I select "UEFI: SanDisk USB ..." and it shows the
FreeBSD boot screen (1: MultiUser [Enter] etc, with the beastie logo), and
whatever option I try (multi or single user) it fails the same. The pc
simply hangs with a message "UEFI FrameBuffer information", something like
that with some hex values, but no response at all. Keyboard is dead, mouse
is dead, on/off button does nothing, need force shutdown.

I tried with dd (on both Linux and in a FreeBSD bios installation), tried
Linux's unetbootin, tried Rufus, Unetbootin, USI on Windows and none works.
What could be wrong? Thanks in advance