Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 2020 10:03:13 -0700
From:      Marcel Flores <marcel@brickporch.com>
To:        Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootable image for Macchatobin Double Shot?

> On Mar 21, 2020, at 3:58 AM, Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Folks,
>=20
> I'm keen to get a Macchiatobin Double Shot running as both a firewall =
and native build box at home. Part of the appeal is also to retire a =
very old, large, slow and power-hungry PC.
>=20
> I know there are no drivers for the on-board network devices, and I'm =
very happy to use a dual-port PCIe card. Serial console is fine. I'll be =
needing the SATA. If SATA doesn't work, this is a hard failure.
>=20
> Does anybody here have a recipe for creating a bootable image for this =
board please? Success/failure stories also welcome!
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> --
> Mark R V Murray

I=E2=80=99ve had no trouble using edk2 UEFI and CURRENT. My setup has =
the edk2
binary on an SD Card and the FreeBSD install on SATA (though it booted =
fine
from the USB originally to install it). An intel PCIE nic seems to work =
fine as
well, but I=E2=80=99ve not really played with it exhaustively to see =
what works.

I used the 18.09.4 UEFI image from here:

=
https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/edk2-open-platform/wiki/Binar=
ies

Did something like:

dd if=3D/root/flash-image-18.09.4.bin bs=3D512 seek=3D1 =
of=3D<path-to-sd-device> conv=3Dsync

to copy to the SD card. And it basically booted straight away with no =
issue.

Sorted this based on discussion in this thread:
=
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2019-December/020823.html

-m