Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:36:45 +0300
From:      Pavel Timofeev <timp87@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome3 no animation

Hmm, something is wrong anyway.

pkg-message gives some advice:

root@timbsd:~ # pkg info -D gnome-shell
gnome-shell-3.14.1.5:
Gnome-shell requires acceleration of to work. For this a nvidia card
with the nvidia-driver, or a Intel/ATI KMS enabled card is needed.

For the nvidia users no other changes are needed. For Intel/ATI KMS
driver the user needs to have read/write permissions on
/dev/dri/cardN (usually N=0). If gnome-shell is launched from gdm, the
gdm user also needs this access.

Access can be granted by adding the user(s) to the wheel group or using
a devfs.rules(5) to change the mode of the /dev/dri/card0 on creation.

        add path 'dri/*' mode 0666 group operator

But the way with devfs.rules doesn't work.

root@timbsd:~ # cat /etc/devfs.rules
[localrules=10]
add path 'dri/*' mode 0666 group operator

root@timbsd:~ # fgrep devfs /etc/rc.conf
devfs_system_ruleset="localrules"

root@timbsd:~ # ls -l /dev/dri/card0
crw-rw----  1 root  operator  0xa7 Dec  1 20:31 /dev/dri/card0

After reboot it sets group, but not permissions.

Only after manual restart of devfs it gives needed permissions.

Any ideas?