Date:      Tue, 12 May 2015 15:09:39 -0300
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Ulrich Grey <usenet@ulrich-grey.de>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg on a RaspberryPI

On 10 May 2015 at 16:03, Ulrich Grey wrote:
> On Sun, 10 May 2015 08:19:51 -0700
> Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> hm, there's something odd with 32 bit colours in the fb driver. The
>> red and blue are swapped. That may be your problem.
>>
>> Can you try booting / running it on 24 bit colour instead?
>
> I have tried it with Depth 16, 24 and 32 in /etc/xorg.conf and /boot/msdos/config.txt.
> The colors are still strange.
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "Generic FB"
>     Driver      "scfb"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier  "Screen"
>     Device      "Generic FB"
>     Monitor     "Monitor"
>     SubSection "Display"
>        Depth            16 #24 #32
>     EndSubsection
> EndSection
>
> config.txt:
> framebuffer_depth=16
> disable_commandline_tags=1
> gpu_mem=64
> device_tree=rpi.dtb
> device_tree_address=0x100
> kernel=uboot.img

I 'think' that the 16bpp mode will work for you, but the above setting
is being overwritten by default fb settings in FreeBSD.

Could you post your fb details (from dmesg), it should look like this:

fb0: <BCM2835 VT framebuffer driver> on ofwbus0
fbd0 on fb0
VT: initialize with new VT driver "fb".
fb0: 656x416(656x416@0,0) 24bpp
fb0: fbswap: 1, pitch 1968, base 0x3daac000, screen_size 818688

The last two lines are the ones I'm interested in.

Are you using the standard firmware (from official images or from u-boot-rpi) ?

The recent firmware versions uses a different color mapping (the
fbswap flag).  In this case I think you could tell xorg to use the
appropriate color mapping (but I don't know how to do that), look if
you can find where you should specify the RGB or BGR mode.  The 16bpp
mode isn't affected by this change.

Luiz