Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2019 14:11:29 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Alex Samorukov <samm@net-art.cz>
Cc:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Few of my articles about FreeBSD on ARM

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM Alex Samorukov <samm@net-art.cz> wrote:

> On 11/07/2019 18:20, Ian Lepore wrote:
> >
> > [... snip ...]
> > For the busybox stuff... are you aware of bsdbox?  I don't know much
> > about it, except that it existw.
> >
> > https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/tree/master/tools/bsdbox
> Looks interesting, but seems to be abandoned long time ago. There is
> also toybox, which is a busybox-like but with a better license. Busybox
> seems to be most active and commonly used in the Linux/embedded
> projects, thats why i started with it. I will try to submit my patches
> to upstream after finishing them.

May I ask what gives you this impression? bsdbox is actively used in
freebsd-wifi-build by myself and at least a couple of others. It
doesn't see a whole lot of active commits because unlike with Busybox,
it's a crunch setup much like rescue -- there's not a whole lot to
bsdbox specifically other than adding another PROG from base to build
in. There are some programs that would be nice to have, but they just
haven't been added yet for one reason or the other- most likely being
that they just don't get used much in the limited environments that
it's currently used in.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans