Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:57:05 -0500
From:      Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Portmaster vs pkg tools

Hey list,

Back on the previous pkg_* system, I used portmaster to check my port
integrity and dependencies:

portmaster -y -v --clean-distfiles
portmaster -y -v --check-depends
portmaster -y -v --check-port-dbdir

However, I noticed the new `pkg` command has its own `check` and `clean`
commands.

When I run both on the new pkgng format, it seemed to corrupt a database.
Portmaster said things were installed when they weren't, and pkg threw some
errors about packages. I don't have the exact errors anymore because i
fixed it, but I'm wondering which set of commands would be best to use? I'd
assume the pkg tools themselves, as portmaster is an external program.